Tuesday, June 11, 2013

Insert Trumpets Blaring Here

Gaeta is simply beautiful. Very laid back and not over-run with tourists. Just a bunch of genuinely nice Italian families enjoying the beaches and the view. 

Yesterday was pure heaven. We spent the entire day hanging out on the beach, eating, more beach, more eating. Anyone who knows me realizes this is my idea of heaven. Seriously. Laying around eating all day, with a view?  Yes , yes, yes. That is ME from top to bottom. 

We rented a scooter for our three days here, and I have to say it has been so much fun. It's no Harley, but plenty of fun. There's something about zooming through an Italian beach town on a scooter that makes you feel...I don't know, free I guess. 


Our mountaintop house. Our window is on the left. 



So at the end of a picture perfect day, we went out for dinner. There was an 18th birthday party going on, which actually was a lot of fun to see. They had a DJ playing awesome music...almost all of it was American, but stuff you haven't heard in forever and forgot how much you love. 

Mike disappeared inside for a moment, and the next thing I know they're playing our song (Hey Soul Sister by Train).  He came back out and held out his hand as if to ask me to dance. 

AND THEN!!!!!

He gets down on one knee and asks me to marry him. I couldn't do anything but cry and say, "Oh my god" 800 times, but of course, I said yes. The owner of the restaurant was snapping pictures and I'm so grateful to have those to look back on. 

The ring was his mother's which makes it extra special. It's not "THE ring" but I'll be wearing it until mine is ready. I'm honored he chose to ask me with his mother's ring though. 

He said he wanted to wait until we were in Paris and ask me on top of the Eiffel Tower, but the weather was looking iffy, and since we had such an awesome day, he decided to go ahead and do it. He couldn't have picked a more perfect day, although I'm sure I would have felt that way no matter where he chose to do it. 

Gaeta is officially my most favorite place in the world, and I am over the moon in love with the man who brought me here, Mike, my very best friend, supporter, fellow goof ball, and protector. 

"I knew when we collided/ You're the one I have decided/ Who's one of my kind"

Singing along to all the good songs. 























No comments:

Post a Comment