Wednesday, June 5, 2013

Wedding in a castle

Yesterday, after a ridiculously yummy breakfast, we toured a bit of the old city. It's hard to wrap my mind around the fact that we're here. 


It's a little chilly and rainy, but that didn't stop us. 


This is the Zwinger Museum and it is beautiful. I need to study up on the history a little more before I can tell you anything about it. I only know two words in German. Nein (no) and bier (beer). I never use them together of course, but it has hindered my understanding of a lot of things. I know it's gorgeous and older than Mike, even. :)







In the evening we headed to a beautiful castle for Ralf and Annika's wedding. It was breathtaking. 


The couple is young and fresh and the wedding really reflected that. Annika spent hours and hours making origami cranes, hand-stitched blankets, and the most delicious cake balls you can imagine. 














We had an awesome time and dragged ourselves back to the hotel around 3am. It's nice coming "home" to this. 




 

No comments:

Post a Comment